Springtime brings the garden to life, the children outside to play and the graduation invitations to your mailbox. Whether you have one or a dozen graduations to celebrate this year, meaningful gifts for the graduate don’t have to break the bank.
This list offers ideas for practical as well as inspirational gifts. Most of these items can be found for less than $30.
- Bookends. Good for both high school and college graduates. Rodin “Thinker” bookends are both a decorative and practical option.
- Leather journal. A leather-bound journal adds a touch of class to a personal gift.
- Leather passport holder. A practical item for the graduate who’s going to study abroad or simply take a well-earned vacation.
- Self-help or inspirational book. A few titles to consider: What Now? by Jennifer Leigh Selig, Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger, Oh, The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss. And, for the girl graduate, Saucepans & the Single Girl by Jinx Morgan and Judy Perry.
- USB flash drive. One can never have too many of these portable data-storage devices.
- Starter toolkit. Handy to carry in the car or have around the dorm room or apartment.
- Battery recharger. Help your graduate be more green, while saving money, by weaning him or her off disposable batteries.
- Flashlight. No dorm room or car should be without one.
If you’re still at a loss for what to give a graduate, you can’t go wrong with money or gift cards.
Children, Financial Management, Saving Money | Follow Responses via RSS | Trackback |